Hello ‘Sweet’ Dreamers,
Hope you had a deliciously spooky Halloween full of treats. Now its time to pull up our socks and prepare for the prettiest time of the year- the season to be jolly is here- it’s Christmas time! In less than a month, we get to celebrate our favorite festival and the sooner we get our work out of the way, the faster we get to enjoy! One of the most tedious tasks of preparing for this season, is to get our loved one’s gifts that they would love. Fear not; we’ll make it easy for you- how about you give them little bites of gorgeous and gooey Macarons, completely customized to your and their liking? ‘Why’ you ask? We’ll tell you why:
Ten reasons we absolutely love Macorons:
- They’re delicious, flavorsome bites of heaven that look as beautiful as they taste!
- They are the perfect tea time, or rather anytime dessert.
- They come in over a hundred flavours. Our favorites include- popping candy and mint choco chip!
- Macarons can even be made savory. Think truffles, salmon and goat cheese!
- They have Italian origins with a French accent. Talk about ‘dreamy’, right?
- There is a day dedicated to macarons- May 31st is celebrated as the National Macaron Day. (Yes, you may mark that day in your calendar as ‘the best day, EVER’)
- At an average a macaron has only 70 calories, compared to the 400 calories in a muffin. Yeah you heard that right!
- Since they are made with almonds; macarons are an excellent source of proteins.
- They make the most elegant (and scrumptious) gifts to give and get.
- At Amazeology you can completely customize your macarons, with your choice of filling, color of the shell and a print of your favorite photograph, message or any image of your preference. Born in Melbourne, Victoria; Amazeology is the first of it’s kind in Australia!
So allow your taste buds to dance in celebration and order your box of these goodies right here at- amazeology.com.au
Its super easy too! Simply choose you favorite flavor, shell color and upload a picture or an image via Facebook, Instagram or your mobile/laptop gallery. That’s it- once you’ve placed an order, the yummy delights would be delivered to your doorstep, anywhere in Australia!
Keeping in tune with our tradition, it’s time to give you another unique and fun recipe! But this week we wanted to try something new, so we tweaked a few ingredients to make our favorite dessert- our favorite savory snack!
TOMATO BASIL MACARONS
Here’s what you’d need to make 40 of these bad boys!
For the shells
- 1 ¼ cup f almond flour
- ¾ cup of confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato powder
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered egg whites
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup aged egg whites
- red get food color
For the filling
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- Lemon juice (few drops)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 big tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- Fresh basil leaves
For the shells
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking tray with parchment.
- In the bowl of a food processor add the almond flour, confectioner’s sugar, salt and tomato powder and mix it well. Sift the dry ingredients through a sieve.
- In a separate bowl mix the powdered egg whites and the granulated sugar, add the egg whites and the the cream of tartar and beat with a hand mixer until all the ingredients are well mixed and it mixture forms soft peaks.
- Add the food coloring to the mixture.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the meringue mixture till you cannot differentiate between the two. The mixture should still be semi fluid.
- Fill a piping bag with is mixture and pipe out neat circles 2 inches apart on the prepared baking tray.
- Gently tap the tray on the cooking counter, to settle the mixture.
- Bake the shells for 15 minutes, crank on the heat to 350 and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Once done, keep them aside and let them cool
For the filling
- Mix the feta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice, basil, salt ad pepper together. Then add the fresh tomatoes and mix again!
How to assemble
Pipe the filling onto a macaron shell and cover with the base of another. You could avoid mixing in the fresh tomatoes and add a spoon of tabasco instead to had that hit of spice and zing to the macaron!
That’s all for today!
We hope you liked our recipe and will write in to us if you have some interesting ones too. See you later!
Have a great holiday season!