‘Mothering Sundays’, ‘Mother’s Friendship Day’ or the day more commonly known as ‘Mother’s day’, internationally, falls on the 14th of May. And if you haven’t already; we suggest you clear your schedules to show some gratitude and affection to the most important woman in your life- your mother.
Amazeology’s custom made fortune cookies and custom personalized macarons, are the perfect dessert and gift for all occasions, but specially for this one! Customise your fortune cookies with a private message (or five) for your mum and get them coated in chocolate and sprinkles. At a fraction of the cost you’d generally spend on a gift, you could get your mom something uber special- like our utterly delicious macarons. All you need to do is select your flavor and choose a beautiful picture (or quotes or messages) that you’d like printed on your macarons or fortune cookies to add that special touch of love and you’re done!
We’ll freshly prepare them and deliver them to your doorstep just in time for you to celebrate your mother’s day with love and attention 😉 Order online today!
Did you know that around 65% to 82% of all card sales, takes place on mother’s day? Cards alone however, barely suffice as the ideal way to show your mother how much you love her. But showcasing one’s love, needn’t cost the earth and the moon…
Keeping that in mind, the Amazeology chefs prepared a menu, specially for mother’s day that you can easily prepare at home without burning a hole in your pocket! Quick read it… you can thank us later.
- Breakfast in bed. Aussie Omelet, with sausages and orange juice.
Recipe for the Aussie Omelet, Ingredients:
1 white onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
½ cup chopped mushrooms
¼ cup green bell pepper (optional)
12 shrimps- peeled and deveined
1 tomato- chopped
½ cup of milk
Grated cheddar cheese (as much as you like)
1 teaspoon of curry powder
Salt to taste
- In a nonstick pan, sauté onions, garlic, mushroom and bellpepper in olive oil for a few minutes. When the onions turn translucent, add the tomato. Lastly add the shrimp and allow them to become opaque. Once cooked; turn off the heat.
- In a bowl, crack open the eggs and whisk them with together with the milk. When the mixture is homogeneous, add the salt and curry powder.
- Too the egg mixture, gently mix the contents sautéed concoction as well.
- In the same non stick add a spoon of olive oil over medium heat and pour in the egg mixture into it. Cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- When firm, sprinkle the cheese over it and cover it again to allow the cheese to melt.That’s it; serve it fresh and hot to your mum, with the above-mentioned accompaniments!
2. Pasta Picnic for Lunch
Arrabiata Pasta, Toasted Baguette with olives and Wine (mom’s choice)
Recipe for the Arrabiata Pasta. Ingredients:
500gms of uncooked penne pasta
2 large Italian tomatoes (approximately 90gms.), chopped
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 tablespoons of basil (preferably fresh and julienned else dried)
3 tablespoons of butter
6 raw chicken Italian sausages
Grated cheddar cheese (as much as you like, again)
For extra flavoring- White truffle oil (the flavor is quite pungent, so add only two drops and add accordingly)
- Set a large pot of water on high flame to boil the pasta. Add 2 spoons of olive oil and half a teaspoon of salt to the pasta, as it cooks.
- After 15 minutes (or when cooked to your satisfaction), take it off the heat and drain the water out. If possible, put the cooked pasta in ice water to stop it from cooking further and only drain it when the sauce is ready.
For the sauce:
- Heat oil in a saucepan and cut the sausages into it (they should look like meatballs). Allow them to cook till they turn brown and then add the onions and garlic with a pinch of pepper and a tablespoon of butter.
- Once the onions turn translucent, add the tomatoes and the zucchini with salt to taste and the remaining butter. (Optional- add the truffle oil at this point.)
- Cook for the next 40 minutes, stirring constantly and make any requisite changes to the salt/pepper proportions if required. Lastly add the basil and mix it well.
- Drain the pasta from the icy water and toss it in the sauce well.Pack it up in tiny airtight boxes and prepare the picnic basket for your mum!
3. Grilled dinner: Grilled Chicken with mash potatoes, wine and a surprise dessert
Recipe for Grilled Chicken. Ingredients:
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ teaspoon of dried thyme
½ teaspoon of dried oregano
¼ teaspoon of dried rosemary
2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
4 pieces of Chicken breasts (boneless)
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, oregano and rosemary; together. Add salt and pepper to taste. And set aside.
- In a plastic Ziploc bag, add ¾ of the prepared mixture and the chicken pieces. Allow it to marinate overnight. Make sure the pieces get evenly coated (turn the ag occasionally).
- Preheat the grill on high flame. Remove the chicken from the Ziploc and drain the excess marinate. Coat the chicken with the reserved marinate and grill each side on direct heat, for 5 minutes each. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once done, slice them up and serve with some mashed potatoes.
And Now for our favorite part… Dessert! You can put the grocery list aside for this one, it only requires a few clicks of a button!